Team Practice Information
2017 Waivers must be completed prior to practices and festival.
TEAM PRACTICES (Community Teams Only)
- Only registered teams may request team practice
- Each crew member's waiver MUST be signed prior to practice date
- Included in your registration is one practice
- Team Captains schedule the practice and inform team members the date and time.
- Practice times will be offered on a first come first serve basis and will last 50 minutes. Practice dates for the 2017 festival are as follows:
- Sunday , September 3, 2017 from 8AM-3PM
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 from 8AM-3PM
- Sunday, September 17, 2017 from 8AM-3PM
- Practice time can be scheduled by emailing your time request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practice will not be rescheduled in the event of cancellation due to inclement weather.
- At the practice site, a Bucks County Dragon Boat Association greeter will help fit you with a PFD (personal flotation device) and paddle, run a group warm up of stretching exercises, introduce you to the coach/steerer and set you with a paddler partner in the boat.
- Practices will be held on Lake Luxembourg in Core Creek Park.
- Each paddler must sign the team waiver prior to arrival of their team practice. We cannot allow anyone on the boat who has not signed the team waiver. A Minimum of 14 of your team required for practice! If there is less than this, we will do our best to place your team members with other practicing teams. Practices start with warm-ups on land, a safety review, and a demonstration to learn how to paddle in unison, and then we line up to enter the boat. The two people assigned to the first row will be responsible for setting the pace and should have good timing.
- This is a water-sport! You will get wet, so dress appropriately, including water shoes. Consider also sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat, change of clothes, towel and water to drink.
- All equipment, including dragon boats, paddles and PFDs (life vest/personal floatation device) will be provided for you. Life vests will be worn at all times while on the boats…. No exceptions! Arrive at the practice site 30 minutes prior to your team practice time; sessions are approximately 50 minutes and scheduled continuously using 4 boats so it is very important to stay on schedule. A qualified coach and steersperson will be provided for you at each practice.
Additional practices may be purchased by contacting Dragon Boat Adventures